Shadow Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Shadow? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words starting with Shadow, Antonyms, Related sentences, Words ending with Shadow, Synonyms, How to pronounce? Example sentences, Derivations and more...
How to pronounce: ˈʃædəʊ
1. A dark area or shape produced by a body coming between rays of light and a surface.
Example sentences: "Trees cast long shadows"
2. Used in reference to proximity, ominous oppressiveness, or sadness and gloom.
Example sentences: "The shadow of war fell across Europe"
3. An inseparable attendant or companion.
Example sentences: "Her faithful shadow, a Yorkshire terrier called Heathcliffe"
4. Short for eyeshadow
Example sentences: "Lengthening and thickening mascaras, shimmery lip glosses and shadows often take away the attention of the cheeks."
1. Envelop in shadow; cast a shadow over.
Example sentences: "The market is shadowed by St. Margaret's church"
2. Follow and observe (someone) closely and secretly.
Example sentences: "He had been up all night shadowing a team of poachers"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Shadow
Shadow in Other Languages...