Ship Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Ship? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Related sentences, How to pronounce? Antonyms, Words ending with Ship, Words starting with Ship, Derivations, Synonyms, Example sentences and more...
How to pronounce: ʃɪp
1. A vessel larger than a boat for transporting people or goods by sea.
Example sentences: "Returning to Metro had taken him several months of stowing away on cargo ships and transports before finally reaching the city."
1. Transport (goods or people) on a ship.
Example sentences: "The wounded soldiers were shipped home"
2. (of a boat) take in (water) over the side.
Example sentences: "He told me afterwards the yacht was believed to be shipping water and the fate of the skipper was not known."
3. Take (oars) from the oarlocks and lay them inside a boat.
Example sentences: "Once the boat had settled we shipped the oars, got out our lines, baited the hooks and dropped them over the gunwale."
1. A romantic pairing between two characters in a fictional series, often one that is supported or portrayed by fans rather than depicted in the series itself.
1. Support or have a particular interest in a romantic pairing between two characters in a fictional series, often when this relationship is one portrayed by fans rather than depicted in the series itself.
court of justice
Keep in Mind
Images related to Ship
Ship in Other Languages...