Stress Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Stress? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Antonyms, How to pronounce? Words ending with Stress, Synonyms, Derivations, Words starting with Stress, Related sentences, Example sentences and more...
How to pronounce: stres
1. Pressure or tension exerted on a material object.
Example sentences: "The distribution of stress is uniform across the bar"
2. A state of mental or emotional strain or tension resulting from adverse or very demanding circumstances.
Example sentences: "He's obviously under a lot of stress"
3. Physiological disturbance or damage caused to an organism by adverse circumstances.
4. Particular emphasis or importance.
Example sentences: "He has started to lay greater stress on the government's role in industry"
1. Give particular emphasis or importance to (a point, statement, or idea) made in speech or writing.
Example sentences: "They stressed the need for reform"
2. Subject to pressure or tension.
Example sentences: "This type of workout does stress the shoulder and knee joints"
3. Cause mental or emotional strain or tension in.
Example sentences: "I avoid many of the things that used to stress me before"
1. A computer programming language designed for use in solving civil engineering structural analysis problems.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Stress
Stress in Other Languages...