A Meaning and Definition
What is the definition A? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Antonyms, Example sentences, Related sentences, How to pronounce? Derivations, Words ending with A, Words starting with A, Synonyms and more...
How to pronounce: eɪ
1. Used when referring to someone or something for the first time in a text or conversation.
Example sentences: "A man came out of the room"
2. Used to indicate membership of a class of people or things.
Example sentences: "He is a lawyer"
3. Used when expressing rates or ratios; in, to, or for each; per.
Example sentences: "Typing 60 words a minute"
1. (in travel timetables) arrives.
2. (in units of measurement) atto- (10⁻¹⁸).
3. (with reference to sporting fixtures) away.
4. (used before a date) before.
1. The first letter of the alphabet.
2. A shape like that of a capital A.
3. The sixth note of the diatonic scale of C major.
1. Ace (used in describing play in bridge and other card games)
2. A level.
5. Attack (in designations of US aircraft types)
7. (in personal ads) Asian.
Keep in Mind
Images related to A
A in Other Languages...