Abstract Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Abstract? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Related sentences, Synonyms, Antonyms, How to pronounce? Example sentences, Words ending with Abstract, Derivations, Words starting with Abstract and more...
How to pronounce: ˈæbstrækt
1. Existing in thought or as an idea but not having a physical or concrete existence.
Example sentences: "Abstract concepts such as love or beauty"
2. Relating to abstract art.
Example sentences: "Abstract pictures that look like commercial color charts"
1. Consider (something) theoretically or separately from something else.
Example sentences: "To abstract science and religion from their historical context can lead to anachronism"
2. Extract or remove (something)
Example sentences: "Applications to abstract more water from streams"
3. Make a written summary of (an article or book)
Example sentences: "Staff who index and abstract material for an online database"
1. A summary of the contents of a book, article, or formal speech.
Example sentences: "An abstract of his inaugural address"
2. An abstract work of art.
Example sentences: "A big unframed abstract"
3. That which is abstract; the theoretical consideration of something.
Example sentences: "The abstract must be made concrete by examples"
in the abstract
Keep in Mind
Images related to Abstract
Abstract in Other Languages...