Abstraction Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Abstraction? What is its meaning in the dictionary? How to pronounce? Words ending with Abstraction, Derivations, Example sentences, Words starting with Abstraction, Antonyms, Related sentences, Synonyms and more...
How to pronounce: əbˈstrækʃn
1. The quality of dealing with ideas rather than events.
Example sentences: "Topics will vary in degrees of abstraction"
2. Freedom from representational qualities in art.
Example sentences: "Geometric abstraction has been a mainstay in her work"
3. A state of preoccupation.
Example sentences: "She sensed his momentary abstraction"
4. The process of considering something independently of its associations, attributes, or concrete accompaniments.
Example sentences: "Duty is no longer determined in abstraction from the consequences"
5. The process of removing something, especially water from a river or other source.
Example sentences: "The abstraction of water from springs and wells"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Abstraction
Abstraction in Other Languages...