Abuse Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Abuse? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Derivations, Synonyms, Related sentences, Words ending with Abuse, Words starting with Abuse, Antonyms, How to pronounce? Example sentences and more...
How to pronounce: əˈbjuːs
1. Use (something) to bad effect or for a bad purpose; misuse.
Example sentences: "The judge abused his power by imposing the fines"
2. Treat (a person or an animal) with cruelty or violence, especially regularly or repeatedly.
Example sentences: "Riders who abuse their horses should be prosecuted"
3. Speak in an insulting and offensive way to or about (someone)
Example sentences: "The referee was abused by players from both teams"
1. The improper use of something.
Example sentences: "Alcohol abuse"
2. Cruel and violent treatment of a person or animal.
Example sentences: "A black eye and other signs of physical abuse"
3. Insulting and offensive language.
Example sentences: "Waving his fists and hurling abuse at the driver"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Abuse
Abuse in Other Languages...