Act Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Act? What is its meaning in the dictionary? How to pronounce? Antonyms, Related sentences, Synonyms, Words ending with Act, Derivations, Example sentences, Words starting with Act and more...
How to pronounce: ækt
1. Take action; do something.
Example sentences: "They urged Washington to act"
2. Behave in the way specified.
Example sentences: "They followed the man who was seen acting suspiciously"
3. Take effect; have a particular effect.
Example sentences: "Blood samples are analyzed to find out how the drug acts in the body"
4. Perform a fictional role in a play, movie, or television production.
Example sentences: "She acted in her first professional role at the age of six"
1. A thing done; a deed.
Example sentences: "A criminal act"
2. A pretense.
Example sentences: "She was putting on an act and laughing a lot"
3. A written ordinance of Congress, or another legislative body; a statute.
Example sentences: "The act to abolish slavery"
4. A main division of a play, ballet, or opera.
Example sentences: "The first act"
1. American College Test.
2. Australian Capital Territory.
be in operation
be in force
remain in force
Keep in Mind
Images related to Act
Act in Other Languages...