Active Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Active? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Related sentences, Words ending with Active, Synonyms, Derivations, Antonyms, Words starting with Active, Example sentences, How to pronounce and more...
How to pronounce: ˈæktɪv
1. Engaging or ready to engage in physically energetic pursuits.
Example sentences: "I needed to change my lifestyle and become more active"
2. Pursuing an occupation or activity at a particular place or in a particular way.
Example sentences: "The artist was active in the 1920s"
3. (of a thing) working; operative.
Example sentences: "The old mill was active until 1960"
4. Relating to or denoting the voice that attributes the action of a verb to the person or thing from which it logically proceeds (e.g., of the verbs in guns kill and we saw him).
Example sentences: "Be ruthless with clutter, write in the active voice, place each idea into a sentence of its own, and lastly, get your punctuation right."
1. An active form of a verb.
Example sentences: "By the way, they discuss many different kinds of bias on the part of the news agency, not just choice between actives and passives."
Keep in Mind
Images related to Active
Active in Other Languages...