Address Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Address? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Derivations, How to pronounce? Synonyms, Example sentences, Words ending with Address, Words starting with Address, Related sentences, Antonyms and more...
How to pronounce: əˈdres
1. The particulars of the place where someone lives or an organization is situated.
Example sentences: "They exchanged addresses and agreed to keep in touch"
2. A formal speech delivered to an audience.
Example sentences: "She delivered an address to the National Council of Teachers"
3. Skill, dexterity, or readiness.
Example sentences: "He rescued me with the most consummate address"
1. Write the name and address of the intended recipient on (an envelope, letter, or package)
Example sentences: "I addressed my letter to him personally"
2. Speak to (a person or an assembly), typically in a formal way.
Example sentences: "She addressed an audience of the most important Shawnee chiefs"
3. Think about and begin to deal with (an issue or problem)
Example sentences: "A fundamental problem has still to be addressed"
4. Take up one's stance and prepare to hit (the ball)
Example sentences: "Ensure that your weight is evenly spread when you address the ball"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Address
Address in Other Languages...