Advance Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Advance? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Antonyms, How to pronounce? Words starting with Advance, Words ending with Advance, Synonyms, Derivations, Example sentences, Related sentences and more...
How to pronounce: ədˈvɑːns
1. Move forward in a purposeful way.
Example sentences: "The troops advanced on the capital"
2. Make or cause to make progress.
Example sentences: "Our knowledge is advancing all the time"
3. Put forward (a theory or suggestion)
Example sentences: "The hypothesis I wish to advance in this article"
4. Lend (money) to (someone)
Example sentences: "The bank advanced them a loan"
1. A forward movement.
Example sentences: "The rebels' advance on Madrid was well under way"
2. A development or improvement.
Example sentences: "Genuine advances in engineering techniques"
3. An amount of money paid before it is due or for work only partly completed.
Example sentences: "The author was paid a $250,000 advance"
4. An approach made to someone, typically with the aim of initiating a sexual encounter.
Example sentences: "Women accused him of making improper advances"
1. Done, sent, or supplied beforehand.
Example sentences: "Advance notice"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Advance
Advance in Other Languages...