Advancing Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Advancing? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Related sentences, Words starting with Advancing, How to pronounce? Antonyms, Words ending with Advancing, Example sentences, Derivations, Synonyms and more...
1. Move forwards in a purposeful way.
Example sentences: "He advanced towards the dispatch box"
2. Make or cause to make progress.
Example sentences: "Our knowledge is advancing all the time"
3. Put forward (a theory or suggestion)
Example sentences: "The hypothesis I wish to advance in this article"
4. Lend (money) to (someone)
Example sentences: "The building society advanced them a loan"
1. A forward movement.
Example sentences: "The rebels' advance on Madrid was well under way"
2. A development or improvement.
Example sentences: "Advances in engineering techniques"
3. An amount of money paid before it is due or for work only partly completed.
Example sentences: "The author was paid a £250,000 advance"
4. An approach made to someone with the aim of initiating sexual or amorous relations.
Example sentences: "Her tutor made advances to her"
1. Done, sent, or supplied beforehand.
Example sentences: "Advance notice"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Advancing
Advancing in Other Languages...