Answering Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Answering? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words ending with Answering, Related sentences, Derivations, Antonyms, Synonyms, Words starting with Answering, Example sentences, How to pronounce and more...
How to pronounce: ˈɑːnsərɪŋ
1. A thing that is said, written, or done as a reaction to a question, statement, or situation.
Example sentences: "He knocked and entered without waiting for an answer"
2. A solution to a problem or dilemma.
Example sentences: "The answer to poverty and unemployment is a properly funded range of services"
3. A person or thing regarded as the equivalent to a better-known one from another place.
Example sentences: "The press called her Britain's answer to Marilyn Monroe"
1. Say or write something as a reaction to someone or something.
Example sentences: "‘Of course I can,’ she answered"
2. Act in reaction to (a sound such as a phone ringing or a knock or ring on a door)
Example sentences: "Digby answered the door"
3. Defend oneself against (a charge, accusation, or criticism)
Example sentences: "He said he would return to Spain to answer all charges"
4. Be suitable for fulfilling (a need); satisfy.
Example sentences: "Entrepreneurship is necessary to answer the needs of national and international markets"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Answering
Answering in Other Languages...
Turkish: Cevap veren