Appeal Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Appeal? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Synonyms, Example sentences, Words ending with Appeal, Words starting with Appeal, Related sentences, Antonyms, Derivations, How to pronounce and more...
How to pronounce: əˈpiːl
1. Make a serious or urgent request, typically to the public.
Example sentences: "Police are appealing for information about the incident"
2. Apply to a higher court for a reversal of the decision of a lower court.
Example sentences: "He said he would appeal against the conviction"
3. Be attractive or interesting.
Example sentences: "The range of topics will appeal to youngsters"
1. A serious or urgent request, typically one made to the public.
Example sentences: "His mother made an appeal for the return of the ring"
2. An application to a higher court for a decision to be reversed.
Example sentences: "He has 28 days in which to lodge an appeal"
3. The quality of being attractive or interesting.
Example sentences: "The popular appeal of football"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Appeal
Appeal in Other Languages...