Arm Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Arm? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Synonyms, Antonyms, Words starting with Arm, Example sentences, Related sentences, How to pronounce? Words ending with Arm, Derivations and more...
How to pronounce: ɑːm
1. Each of the two upper limbs of the human body from the shoulder to the hand.
Example sentences: "She held the baby in her arms"
2. A thing comparable to an arm in form or function, typically something that projects from a larger structure.
Example sentences: "Cables will secure the boom to steel arms installed near the top of the tower"
3. A branch or division of a company or organization.
Example sentences: "The political arm of the separatist group"
4. Each of the lines enclosing an angle.
Example sentences: "One of the arms of angle [alpha] and one of the arms of angle [beta] are extended by the same amount."
1. Supply or provide with weapons.
Example sentences: "Both sides armed themselves with grenades and machine guns"
1. Adjustable-rate mortgage.
coat of arms
Keep in Mind
Images related to Arm
Arm in Other Languages...