Automatic Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Automatic? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words starting with Automatic, Words ending with Automatic, Related sentences, Example sentences, Antonyms, Synonyms, How to pronounce? Derivations and more...
How to pronounce: ɔːtəˈmætɪk
1. (of a device or process) working by itself with little or no direct human control.
Example sentences: "An automatic kettle that switches itself off when it boils"
2. Done or occurring spontaneously, without conscious thought or intention.
Example sentences: "Automatic physical functions such as breathing"
1. A gun that continues firing until the ammunition is exhausted or the pressure on the trigger is released.
Example sentences: "The rapid fire of automatics"
2. A vehicle with automatic transmission.
Example sentences: "A Mercedes 300SL five-speed automatic"
3. A mode of operation in which a particular function of a piece of equipment is performed automatically rather than manually.
4. Another term for audible
Keep in Mind
Images related to Automatic
Automatic in Other Languages...