Away Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Away? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words ending with Away, Derivations, Related sentences, Example sentences, How to pronounce? Synonyms, Antonyms, Words starting with Away and more...
How to pronounce: əˈweɪ
1. To or at a distance from a particular place, person, or thing.
Example sentences: "She landed badly, and crawled away"
2. Into an appropriate place for storage or safekeeping.
Example sentences: "He put away the lawn furniture"
3. Into nonexistence.
Example sentences: "Marie felt her distress ebbing away"
4. Constantly, persistently, or continuously.
Example sentences: "There was little Edgar crooning away"
1. (of a sports game) played at the opponents' field or court.
Example sentences: "Tomorrow night's away game at Yankee Stadium"
1. A game played or won by a team at their opponents' field or court.
Example sentences: "It certainly will prove a stark contrast to recent league aways the Hatters have enjoyed at the likes of Molineux, Maine Road and Hillsborough."
at a distance
Keep in Mind
Images related to Away
Away in Other Languages...