Band Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Band? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Synonyms, How to pronounce? Antonyms, Words ending with Band, Derivations, Words starting with Band, Related sentences, Example sentences and more...
How to pronounce: bænd
1. A flat, thin strip or loop of material put around something, typically to hold it together or to decorate it.
Example sentences: "Wads of banknotes fastened with gummed paper bands"
2. A stripe or elongated area of a different color, texture, or composition than its surroundings.
Example sentences: "A long, narrow band of cloud"
3. A range of frequencies or wavelengths in a spectrum (especially of radio frequencies)
Example sentences: "Channels in the UHF band"
4. A thing that restrains, binds, or unites.
Example sentences: "Must I fall, and die in bands?"
1. Surround (an object) with something in the form of a strip or ring, typically for reinforcement or decoration.
Example sentences: "Doors are banded with iron to make them stronger"
2. Mark (something) with a stripe or stripes of a different color.
Example sentences: "The bird's bill is banded across the middle with black"
1. A group of people who have a common interest or purpose.
Example sentences: "Guerrilla bands"
2. A small group of musicians and vocalists who play pop, jazz, or rock music.
Example sentences: "The band's last two albums"
3. A herd or flock.
Example sentences: "Moving bands of caribou"
1. (of people or organizations) form a group for a mutual purpose.
Example sentences: "Local people banded together to fight the company"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Band
Band in Other Languages...