Bank Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Bank? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Antonyms, Example sentences, Words ending with Bank, Related sentences, Words starting with Bank, How to pronounce? Synonyms, Derivations and more...
How to pronounce: bæŋk
1. The land alongside or sloping down to a river or lake.
Example sentences: "Willows lined the bank"
2. A slope, mass, or mound of a particular substance.
Example sentences: "A bank of snow"
3. A set or series of similar things, especially electrical or electronic devices, grouped together in rows.
Example sentences: "The DJ had big banks of lights and speakers on either side of his console"
4. The cushion of a pool table.
Example sentences: "A bank shot"
1. Heap (a substance) into a mass or mound.
Example sentences: "The rain banked the soil up behind the gate"
2. (of an aircraft or vehicle) tilt or cause to tilt sideways in making a turn.
Example sentences: "The plane banked as if to return to the airport"
3. (of a locomotive) provide additional power for (a train) in ascending an incline.
4. (in pool and other games) play (a ball) so that it rebounds off a surface such as a backboard or cushion.
Example sentences: "I banked the eight ball off two cushions"
1. A financial establishment that invests money deposited by customers, pays it out when required, makes loans at interest, and exchanges currency.
Example sentences: "I paid the money straight into my bank"
1. Deposit (money or valuables) in a bank.
Example sentences: "I banked the check"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Bank
Bank in Other Languages...