Barb Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Barb? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words ending with Barb, Related sentences, Synonyms, Antonyms, How to pronounce? Derivations, Example sentences, Words starting with Barb and more...
How to pronounce: bɑːb
1. A sharp projection near the end of an arrow, fishhook, or similar item, angled away from the main point so as to make extraction difficult.
Example sentences: "It was a simple hunting arrow, without a particularly sharp edge or barbs that would make it harder to remove."
2. A fleshy filament at the mouth of some fish, such as barbel and catfish.
3. A freshwater fish that typically has barbels around the mouth, popular in aquariums.
Example sentences: "Many Indian species like catfish, dwarf and giant gourami, and barbs are popular abroad and fetch good prices."
1. A small horse of a hardy breed originally from North Africa.
Example sentences: "The Rancho riding herd is usually 27 horses, mainly Spanish barbs and mixes of that breed."
1. Cut or style (a person's hair)
Example sentences: "He has barbed the hair of any celebrity you can think of"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Barb
Barb in Other Languages...