Bat Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Bat? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Derivations, Related sentences, Synonyms, Words ending with Bat, Example sentences, Words starting with Bat, Antonyms, How to pronounce and more...
How to pronounce: bæt
1. An implement with a handle and a solid surface, usually of wood, used for hitting the ball in games such as baseball, cricket, and table tennis.
Example sentences: "Well, it turns out nobody officially tests balls hit by aluminum bats under game conditions."
1. (of a team or a player in sports such as baseball) take in turns the role of hitting rather than fielding.
Example sentences: "Ruth came to bat in the fifth inning"
2. Hit at (someone or something) with the palm of one's hand.
Example sentences: "He batted the flies away"
1. A mainly nocturnal mammal capable of sustained flight, with membranous wings that extend between the fingers and connecting the forelimbs to the body and the hindlimbs to the tail.
Example sentences: "Small and furry, bats are the only mammals to have achieved powered flight."
2. A woman regarded as unattractive or unpleasant.
1. Flutter (one's eyelashes or eyelids), typically in a flirtatious manner.
Example sentences: "She batted her long dark eyelashes at him"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Bat
Bat in Other Languages...