Batter Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Batter? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Antonyms, Example sentences, Synonyms, Related sentences, Derivations, How to pronounce? Words starting with Batter, Words ending with Batter and more...
How to pronounce: ˈbætə
1. Strike repeatedly with hard blows.
Example sentences: "He was battered and falsely imprisoned by the officers"
1. A semiliquid mixture of flour, egg, and milk or water used in cooking, especially for making cakes or for coating food before frying.
Example sentences: "Pancake batter"
2. A damaged area of metal type or a printing block.
Example sentences: "When there are uncorrected printer's errors, or errors that can be attributed to type batter, we have silently corrected them, primarily so that they do not impede electronic searches of our transcribed texts."
1. (in various sports, especially baseball) a player who is batting.
Example sentences: "He was a first baseman and a left-handed batter and I admired the way he played."
1. A gradual backward slope in a wall or similar structure.
Example sentences: "The batter is an inch in for every foot of height"
1. (of a wall) have a receding slope.
Example sentences: "It becomes easier with height as the wall batters in, and the gap between the face of the wall and the corner of the pillar increases."
Keep in Mind
Images related to Batter
Batter in Other Languages...