Battery Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Battery? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Derivations, Related sentences, Words starting with Battery, Antonyms, Example sentences, Words ending with Battery, Synonyms, How to pronounce and more...
How to pronounce: ˈbætərɪ
1. A container consisting of one or more cells, in which chemical energy is converted into electricity and used as a source of power.
Example sentences: "Battery power"
2. A fortified emplacement for heavy guns.
Example sentences: "Anti-aircraft missile batteries"
3. A set of units of equipment, typically when connected together.
Example sentences: "A battery of equipment to monitor blood pressure"
4. The crime or tort of unconsented physical contact with another person, even where the contact is not violent but merely menacing or offensive.
Example sentences: "Any act which puts a person in immediate and reasonable fear of battery"
5. The pitcher and the catcher in a game, considered as a unit.
Example sentences: "I was all excited to report on the fact Philadelphia started an all-Independent Baseball battery yesterday for its Grapefruit League game against Cleveland in Winter Haven, FL."
1. A historic area at the southern end of Manhattan Island in New York City.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Battery
Battery in Other Languages...