Bead Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Bead? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Synonyms, Words ending with Bead, Related sentences, Example sentences, How to pronounce? Antonyms, Derivations, Words starting with Bead and more...
How to pronounce: biːd
1. A small piece of glass, stone, or similar material, typically rounded and perforated for threading with others as a necklace or rosary or for sewing onto fabric.
Example sentences: "Long strings of beads"
2. A drop of a liquid on a surface.
Example sentences: "Beads of sweat"
3. A small knob forming the front sight of a gun.
Example sentences: "He was in the bathroom, he said, when he noticed the red bead of an automatic weapon's sighting trained on him."
4. The reinforced inner edge of a pneumatic tire that grips the rim of the wheel.
Example sentences: "This is the distance between the vertical edges of the rim where the tire bead seats."
5. An ornamental molding resembling a string of beads or having a semicircular cross-section.
Example sentences: "Trim Tex shadow bead connects drywall with interior door and window jambs for a clean look, Reader says."
1. Decorate or cover with beads.
Example sentences: "I beaded the jacket by hand"
2. Cover (a surface) with drops of moisture.
Example sentences: "His face was beaded with perspiration"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Bead
Bead in Other Languages...