Beam Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Beam? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words ending with Beam, Related sentences, Synonyms, Derivations, Words starting with Beam, Antonyms, Example sentences, How to pronounce and more...
How to pronounce: biːm
1. A long, sturdy piece of squared timber or metal spanning an opening or part of a building, usually to support the roof or floor above.
Example sentences: "There are very fine oak beams in the oldest part of the house"
2. A ray or shaft of light.
Example sentences: "A beam of light flashed in front of her"
3. A radiant or good-natured look or smile.
Example sentences: "A beam of satisfaction"
1. Transmit (a radio signal or broadcast) in a specified direction.
Example sentences: "Beaming a distress signal into space"
2. (of a light or light source) shine brightly.
Example sentences: "The sun's rays beamed down"
3. Smile radiantly.
Example sentences: "She beamed with pleasure"
4. Construct a ceiling with exposed beams.
Example sentences: "Vaulted beamed ceilings in the family room"
beam of light
Keep in Mind
Images related to Beam
Beam in Other Languages...