Bear Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Bear? What is its meaning in the dictionary? How to pronounce? Words starting with Bear, Example sentences, Related sentences, Synonyms, Antonyms, Derivations, Words ending with Bear and more...
How to pronounce: beə
1. Carry the weight of; support.
Example sentences: "The bees form large colonies and need the thick branches of tall trees to bear the weight of their nests"
2. Endure (an ordeal or difficulty)
Example sentences: "She bore the pain stoically"
3. (of a person) carry (someone or something)
Example sentences: "He was bearing a tray of brimming glasses"
4. Give birth to (a child)
Example sentences: "She bore six daughters"
5. Turn and proceed in a specified direction.
Example sentences: "Bear left and follow the old road"
1. A large, heavy mammal that walks on the soles of its feet, having thick fur and a very short tail. Bears are related to the dog family but most species are omnivorous.
Example sentences: "Recent DNA analysis indicates that giant pandas are more closely related to bears and red pandas are more closely related to raccoons."
2. A large, heavy, cumbersome man.
Example sentences: "A lumbering bear of a man"
3. A person who forecasts that prices of stocks or commodities will fall, especially a person who sells shares hoping to buy them back later at a lower price.
Example sentences: "Bear markets"
give birth to
Keep in Mind
Images related to Bear
Bear in Other Languages...