Before Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Before? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Synonyms, Words starting with Before, Derivations, Words ending with Before, Related sentences, How to pronounce? Example sentences, Antonyms and more...
How to pronounce: bɪˈfɔː
1. During the period of time preceding a particular event or time.
Example sentences: "My playing days had ended six years before"
2. In front of someone or something.
Example sentences: "They began trotting through the city with guards running before and behind"
1. In advance of the time when.
Example sentences: "They lived rough for four days before they were arrested"
2. In preference to (doing a particular thing)
1. During the period of time preceding (a particular event or time)
Example sentences: "She had to rest before dinner"
2. In front of.
Example sentences: "Matilda stood before her, panting"
3. In preference to; with a higher priority than.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Before
Before in Other Languages...