Bell Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Bell? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Antonyms, Example sentences, Synonyms, Words ending with Bell, Words starting with Bell, How to pronounce? Derivations, Related sentences and more...
How to pronounce: bel
1. A hollow object, typically made of metal and having the shape of a deep inverted cup widening at the lip, that sounds a clear musical note when struck, typically by means of a clapper inside.
Example sentences: "The church bells tolled"
2. A bell-shaped object or part of something.
3. A musical instrument consisting of a set of cylindrical metal tubes of different lengths, suspended in a frame and played by being struck with a hammer.
Example sentences: "Working with sampled bells, gongs and prepared piano, he then uses electronic equipment to process this first layer and continues to build up his compositions."
4. (preceded by a numeral) the time as indicated every half hour of a watch by the striking of the ship's bell one to eight times.
Example sentences: "At five bells in the forenoon of June 11"
1. Provide with a bell or bells; attach a bell or bells to.
Example sentences: "The young men were belling and hobbling the horses before releasing them"
2. Make a ringing sound likened to that of a bell.
3. Spread or flare outward like the lip of a bell.
Example sentences: "Her shirt belled out behind"
1. The cry of a stag or buck at rutting time.
Example sentences: "Our guides will have you listen to the bell of the stag at the mating season or observe the animals from watch towers."
1. (of a stag or buck) make a cry at rutting time.
Example sentences: "The wood in the half-light waking at daybreak to the belling of stags that bursts into barks."
1. A city in southwestern California, southeast of Los Angeles; population 36,657 (est. 2008).
1. Currer, Ellis, and Acton, the pseudonyms used by Charlotte, Emily, and Anne Brontë, respectively.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Bell
Bell in Other Languages...