Belt Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Belt? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Related sentences, Words starting with Belt, Synonyms, How to pronounce? Antonyms, Derivations, Words ending with Belt, Example sentences and more...
How to pronounce: belt
1. A strip of leather or other material worn around the waist or across the chest, especially in order to support clothes or carry weapons.
Example sentences: "A sword belt"
2. A continuous band of material used in machinery for transferring motion from one wheel to another.
Example sentences: "A great wheel driven by a leather belt"
3. A strip or encircling band of something having a specified nature or composition that is different from its surroundings.
Example sentences: "The asteroid belt"
4. A heavy blow.
5. A gulp or shot of liquor.
1. Fasten with a belt.
Example sentences: "She belted her raincoat firmly"
2. Hit (someone or something) hard.
Example sentences: "She belted him over the head with her racquet"
3. Move quickly in a specified direction.
4. Gulp (a drink) quickly.
Example sentences: "Cocktails should be sipped and savored, not belted down"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Belt
Belt in Other Languages...