Complexes Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Complexes? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words ending with Complexes, Example sentences, Derivations, Related sentences, How to pronounce? Words starting with Complexes, Synonyms, Antonyms and more...
How to pronounce: ˈkɒmpleks
1. Consisting of many different and connected parts.
Example sentences: "A complex network of water channels"
2. Denoting or involving numbers or quantities containing both a real and an imaginary part.
Example sentences: "He also classified real and complex numbers into classes which are algebraically independent."
3. Denoting an ion or molecule in which one or more groups are linked to a metal atom by coordinate bonds.
Example sentences: "In naming complex ions, the names of the ligands are cited first"
1. A group or system of different things that are linked in a close or complicated way; a network.
Example sentences: "A complex of mountain roads"
2. A related group of repressed or partly repressed emotionally significant ideas which cause psychic conflict leading to abnormal mental states or behaviour.
Example sentences: "For about six to eight hours you seem to have no physical experience of the chronic muscular tensions that Reich says are symptomatic of unhealthy mental or emotional complexes."
3. An ion or molecule in which one or more groups are linked to a metal atom by coordinate bonds.
Example sentences: "Two guanine bases can attach themselves to the same platinum atom, forming a stable complex"
1. Make (an atom or compound) form a complex with another.
Example sentences: "The DNA was complexed with the nuclear extract"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Complexes
Complexes in Other Languages...