Laws Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Laws? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Antonyms, Synonyms, Derivations, Words ending with Laws, Related sentences, Words starting with Laws, Example sentences, How to pronounce and more...
How to pronounce: lɔː
1. The system of rules which a particular country or community recognizes as regulating the actions of its members and which it may enforce by the imposition of penalties.
Example sentences: "Shooting the birds is against the law"
2. A rule defining correct procedure or behaviour in a sport.
Example sentences: "The laws of the game"
3. A statement of fact, deduced from observation, to the effect that a particular natural or scientific phenomenon always occurs if certain conditions are present.
Example sentences: "The second law of thermodynamics"
4. The body of divine commandments as expressed in the Bible or other religious texts.
Example sentences: "In morals Simon was probably Antinomian, an enemy of Old Testament law."
1. A hill, typically one that is round or conical in shape.
Example sentences: "I had a lovely walk up North Berwick Law today"
law of nature
Keep in Mind
Images related to Laws
Laws in Other Languages...