Opposite Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Opposite? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Derivations, Related sentences, Synonyms, Words ending with Opposite, Words starting with Opposite, Antonyms, How to pronounce? Example sentences and more...
How to pronounce: ˈɒpəzɪt
1. Having a position on the other or further side of something; facing something, especially something of the same type.
2. Diametrically different; of a contrary kind.
Example sentences: "A word that is opposite in meaning to another"
1. A person or thing that is totally different from or the reverse of someone or something else.
Example sentences: "We were opposites in temperament"
1. In a position facing a specified or implied subject.
1. In a position on the other side of a specific area from; facing.
2. (of a leading actor) in a complementary role to (another)
on the contrary
Keep in Mind
Images related to Opposite
Opposite in Other Languages...