Or Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Or? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Example sentences, Synonyms, Related sentences, Derivations, Words starting with Or, Antonyms, Words ending with Or, How to pronounce and more...
How to pronounce: ɔː
1. Used to link alternatives.
Example sentences: "A cup of tea or coffee"
2. Introducing a synonym or explanation of a preceding word or phrase.
Example sentences: "The espionage novel, or, as it is known in the trade, the thriller"
3. Otherwise (used to introduce the consequences of something not being done or not being the case)
Example sentences: "Hurry up, or you'll miss it all"
4. Introducing an afterthought, usually in the form of a question.
Example sentences: "John's indifference—or was it?—left her unsettled"
Example sentences: "To love is the one way to know or God or man"
1. A Boolean operator that gives the value one if at least one operand (or input) has a value of one, and otherwise has a value of zero.
1. Gold or yellow, as a heraldic tincture.
1. Operational research.
2. Oregon (in official postal use).
3. Other ranks (as opposed to commissioned officers).
Keep in Mind
Images related to Or
Or in Other Languages...