Orange Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Orange? What is its meaning in the dictionary? How to pronounce? Words ending with Orange, Related sentences, Antonyms, Words starting with Orange, Derivations, Example sentences, Synonyms and more...
How to pronounce: ˈɒrɪnʤ
1. A round juicy citrus fruit with a tough bright reddish-yellow rind.
Example sentences: "Eat plenty of oranges"
2. The leathery-leaved evergreen tree that bears the orange, native to warm regions of South and Southeast Asia. Oranges are a major commercial crop in many warm regions of the world.Used in names of other plants with fruit or flowers similar to the orange, e.g., mock orange.
Example sentences: "Zhaar or orange flower water is an extract of the Bergamot orange tree."
3. A bright reddish-yellow color like that of the skin of a ripe orange.
Example sentences: "Tones of golden brown and orange"
1. Reddish yellow.
1. A town in southern France, on the Rhône River, home of the ancestors of the Dutch royal house.
2. A city in southwestern California, southeast of Los Angeles in an agricultural area; population 136,392 (est. 2008).
1. Relating to the Orange Order.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Orange
Orange in Other Languages...