Ordered Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Ordered? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words ending with Ordered, Synonyms, How to pronounce? Related sentences, Words starting with Ordered, Example sentences, Derivations, Antonyms and more...
1. The arrangement or disposition of people or things in relation to each other according to a particular sequence, pattern, or method.
Example sentences: "I filed the cards in alphabetical order"
2. An authoritative command or instruction.
Example sentences: "He was not going to take orders from a mere administrator"
3. A particular social, political, or economic system.
Example sentences: "They were dedicated to overthrowing the established order"
4. A society of monks, nuns, or friars living under the same religious, moral, and social regulations and discipline.A society of knights bound by a common rule of life and having a combined military and monastic character.An institution founded by a monarch along the lines of a medieval crusading monastic order for the purpose of honouring meritorious conduct.The insignia worn by members of an order of honour or merit.A Masonic or similar fraternity.
Example sentences: "The Franciscan Order"
5. The quality or nature of something.
Example sentences: "Poetry of the highest order"
6. A principal taxonomic category that ranks below class and above family.
Example sentences: "The higher orders of insects"
7. Any of the five classical styles of architecture (Doric, Ionic, Corinthian, Tuscan, and Composite) based on the proportions of columns and the style of their decoration.
Example sentences: "Work out for yourself the differences between Corinthian, Ionic and Doric orders."
8. Equipment or uniform for a specified purpose or of a specified type.
Example sentences: "The platoon changed from drill order into PT kit"
9. The degree of complexity of an equation, expression, etc., as denoted by an ordinal number.
Example sentences: "The transient equations for the second orders of the identity coefficients are too complicated to solve."
1. Give an authoritative instruction to do something.
Example sentences: "She ordered me to leave"
2. Request (something) to be made, supplied, or served.
Example sentences: "My mate ordered the tickets last week"
3. Arrange (something) in a methodical way.
Example sentences: "All entries are ordered by date"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Ordered
Ordered in Other Languages...