Ordinary Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Ordinary? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Related sentences, Derivations, Words ending with Ordinary, Example sentences, Synonyms, Words starting with Ordinary, Antonyms, How to pronounce and more...
How to pronounce: ˈɔːdnrɪ
1. With no special or distinctive features; normal.
Example sentences: "He sets out to depict ordinary people"
2. (especially of a judge or bishop) exercising authority by virtue of office and not by delegation.
Example sentences: "Should this be the case, an ordinary judge is not allowed to disregard the national legislation but is bound to refer it to the Constitutional Court."
1. What is commonplace or standard.
Example sentences: "Their clichés were vested with enough emotion to elevate them above the ordinary"
2. A person, especially a judge, exercising authority by virtue of office and not by delegation.
3. Those parts of a Roman Catholic service, especially the Mass, which do not vary from day to day.
4. Any of the simplest principal charges used in coats of arms (especially chief, pale, bend, fess, bar, chevron, and saltire).
5. A meal provided at a fixed time and price at an inn.
6. Another term for penny-farthing
Keep in Mind
Images related to Ordinary
Ordinary in Other Languages...