Secondary Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Secondary? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Synonyms, Derivations, Words starting with Secondary, Antonyms, How to pronounce? Words ending with Secondary, Example sentences, Related sentences and more...
How to pronounce: ˈsekəndərɪ
1. Coming after, less important than, or resulting from someone or something else that is primary.
Example sentences: "The plot is of secondary importance: what matters most is the relationships between the characters"
2. (of an organic compound) having its functional group located on a carbon atom which is bonded to two other carbon atoms.
Example sentences: "Similar to ions, secreted secondary compounds are positioned to be leached to the soil, in some cases for the purpose of contributing to allelopathy."
3. Denoting or relating to organisms in a particular community that belong to the second trophic level among its consumers, and consume primary consumers.
4. Relating to or denoting the output side of a device using electromagnetic induction, especially in a transformer.
Example sentences: "The primary and secondary coils of the transformer"
5. Former term for Mesozoic
Example sentences: "We learn that there was a time when Cephalopoda were the highest types of animal life; and that during the secondary period they were anatomically raised far above any forms of the reptile class now living in the world."
1. A secondary coil or winding in an electrical transformer.
2. A secondary feather.
Example sentences: "One or more additional layers of shorter feathers may overlie the proximal parts of the flight primaries and secondaries."
3. The Secondary or Mesozoic era.
4. The players in the defensive backfield, or the area these players cover.
Example sentences: "They also don't have the passing game to burn Baltimore's suspect secondary."
a second time
Keep in Mind
Images related to Secondary
Secondary in Other Languages...