Seconded Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Seconded? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Synonyms, How to pronounce? Example sentences, Antonyms, Words ending with Seconded, Related sentences, Words starting with Seconded, Derivations and more...
1. Constituting number two in a sequence; coming after the first in time or order; 2nd.
Example sentences: "He married for a second time"
2. Subordinate or inferior in position, rank, or importance.
Example sentences: "It was second only to Copenhagen among Baltic ports"
3. An attendant assisting a combatant in a duel or boxing match.
Example sentences: "It included a tryst with a young man, who volunteered to be a second in a duel."
1. Formally support or endorse (a nomination or resolution or its proposer) as a necessary preliminary to adoption or further discussion.
Example sentences: "Bridgeman seconded Maxwell's motion calling for the reform"
1. A sixtieth of a minute of time, which as the SI unit of time is defined in terms of the natural periodicity of the radiation of a caesium-133 atom.A very short time.
Example sentences: "Torrance squeezed the trigger, waited twenty five seconds and fired again."
2. A sixtieth of a minute of angular distance.
Example sentences: "In actual numbers its resolution is about half an arc second, which is equivalent of seeing a five cent piece from about 10 kilometres away."
1. Transfer (a military officer or other official or worker) temporarily to other employment or another position.
Example sentences: "I was seconded to a public relations unit"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Seconded
Seconded in Other Languages...