Secular Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Secular? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words starting with Secular, How to pronounce? Antonyms, Derivations, Words ending with Secular, Synonyms, Related sentences, Example sentences and more...
How to pronounce: ˈsekjʊlə
1. Denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis.
Example sentences: "Secular buildings"
2. (of clergy) not subject to or bound by religious rule; not belonging to or living in a monastic or other order.
Example sentences: "The rate of recruitment is probably better than that of the secular clergy, but this may be because a large percentage of the monks do not go on to priesthood."
3. Of or denoting slow changes in the motion of the sun or planets.
4. (of a fluctuation or trend) occurring or persisting over an indefinitely long period.
Example sentences: "There is evidence that the slump is not cyclical but secular"
5. Occurring once every century or similarly long period (used especially in reference to celebratory games in ancient Rome).
1. A secular priest.
Example sentences: "Most priests were seculars, living in the world and working amongst ordinary people."
Keep in Mind
Images related to Secular
Secular in Other Languages...