See Meaning and Definition
What is the definition See? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Related sentences, Synonyms, Derivations, Example sentences, Words ending with See, Antonyms, Words starting with See, How to pronounce and more...
How to pronounce: siː
1. Perceive with the eyes; discern visually.
Example sentences: "In the distance she could see the blue sea"
2. Discern or deduce mentally after reflection or from information; understand.
Example sentences: "I can't see any other way to treat it"
3. Experience or witness (an event or situation)
Example sentences: "I shall not live to see it"
4. Meet (someone one knows) socially or by chance.
Example sentences: "I saw Colin last night"
5. Escort or conduct (someone) to a specified place.
Example sentences: "Lucy saw to it that everyone got enough to eat"
7. (in poker or brag) equal the bet of (an opponent).
1. The place in which a cathedral church stands, identified as the seat of authority of a bishop or archbishop.
Example sentences: "The title of archbishop ceased to be used for these two sees of the episcopal church in Scotland after the revolution of 1688."
see to it
Keep in Mind
Images related to See
See in Other Languages...