Segment Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Segment? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words starting with Segment, Example sentences, Derivations, How to pronounce? Antonyms, Words ending with Segment, Synonyms, Related sentences and more...
How to pronounce: ˈsegmənt
1. Each of the parts into which something is or may be divided.
Example sentences: "A large segment of the local population"
2. A part of a figure cut off by a line or plane intersecting it.
Example sentences: "The main purpose of the work is to investigate the volume of segments of these three-dimensional figures."
3. Each of the series of similar anatomical units of which the body and appendages of some animals are composed, such as the visible rings of an earthworm's body.
Example sentences: "Unlike the agnostids, polymerid trilobites typically have more than two or three thoracic segments, and the pygidium is usually smaller than the cephalon."
4. The smallest distinct part of a spoken utterance, in particular the vowels and consonants as opposed to stress and intonation.
Example sentences: "This sound cue, which lasts for one-tenth to one-fifth of a second, marks the transition from a consonant sound to a speech segment beginning with a vowel."
1. Divide (something) into separate parts or sections.
Example sentences: "The unemployed are segmented into two groups"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Segment
Segment in Other Languages...