Separation Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Separation? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Example sentences, Derivations, Words ending with Separation, Words starting with Separation, Antonyms, Related sentences, How to pronounce? Synonyms and more...
How to pronounce: sepəˈreɪʃn
1. The action or state of moving or being moved apart.
Example sentences: "The damage that might arise from the separation of parents and children"
2. The division of something into constituent or distinct elements.
Example sentences: "Prose structured into short sentences with meaningful separation into paragraphs"
3. Distinction or difference between the signals carried by the two channels of a stereophonic system.
Example sentences: "Use two transmitters for full stereo separation"
4. Short for color separation
5. The generation of a turbulent boundary layer between the surface of a body and a moving fluid, or between two fluids moving at different speeds.
Example sentences: "His work on separation of the boundary layer was summarised in the Von Neumann lecture he gave to the American Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics in 1980."
Keep in Mind
Images related to Separation
Separation in Other Languages...