Series Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Series? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Synonyms, Words ending with Series, Derivations, How to pronounce? Example sentences, Words starting with Series, Related sentences, Antonyms and more...
How to pronounce: ˈsɪəriːz
1. A number of things, events, or people of a similar kind or related nature coming one after another.
Example sentences: "The explosion was the latest in a series of accidents"
2. A set of related television or radio programs, especially of a specified kind.
Example sentences: "A new drama series"
3. Another term for tone row
4. Denoting electrical circuits or components arranged so that the current passes through each successively.
Example sentences: "A series circuit"
5. (in chronostratigraphy) a range of strata corresponding to an epoch in time, being a subdivision of a system and itself subdivided into stages.
Example sentences: "The Pliocene series"
6. A set of elements with common properties or of compounds related in composition or structure.
Example sentences: "The metals of the lanthanide series"
7. A set of quantities constituting a progression or having the several values determined by a common relation.
Example sentences: "The main research topics which Genocchi worked on were number theory, series and the integral calculus."
8. A group of speech sounds having at least one phonetic feature in common but distinguished in other respects.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Series
Series in Other Languages...