Shake Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Shake? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Example sentences, Words ending with Shake, Related sentences, Words starting with Shake, How to pronounce? Synonyms, Antonyms, Derivations and more...
How to pronounce: ʃeɪk
1. (of a structure or area of land) tremble or vibrate.
Example sentences: "Buildings shook in Sacramento and tremors were felt in Reno"
2. Move (an object) up and down or from side to side with rapid, forceful, jerky movements.
Example sentences: "She stood in the hall and shook her umbrella"
3. Upset the composure or confidence of; shock or astonish.
Example sentences: "Rumors of a further loss shook the market"
4. Successfully deal with or recover from (an illness, injury, or negative feeling)
1. An act of shaking.
Example sentences: "With a shake of its magnificent antlers the stag charged down the slope"
2. A fit of trembling or shivering.
3. A milkshake.
Example sentences: "Don't miss the homemade cookies and shakes"
4. An earth tremor.
5. A trill.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Shake
Shake in Other Languages...