Sheet Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Sheet? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Example sentences, How to pronounce? Synonyms, Words ending with Sheet, Related sentences, Words starting with Sheet, Derivations, Antonyms and more...
How to pronounce: ʃiːt
1. A large rectangular piece of cotton or other fabric, used on a bed to cover the mattress and as a layer beneath blankets when these are used.
Example sentences: "Sleeping blankets and covers, sheets and quilts have been made - with the children's assistance."
2. A rectangular piece of paper, especially one of a standard size produced commercially and used for writing and printing on.
Example sentences: "A sheet of unmarked paper"
3. A broad flat piece of material such as metal or glass.
Example sentences: "The small pipe has been formed from a flat sheet of bronze"
4. An extensive unbroken surface area of something.
Example sentences: "A sheet of ice"
1. Cover with or wrap in a sheet or sheets.
Example sentences: "We sheeted a narrow bed"
2. (of rain) fall in large quantities.
Example sentences: "Rain sheeted down"
1. A rope attached to the lower corner of a sail for securing or extending the sail or for altering its direction.
Example sentences: "Soon all three of us have got the hang of tacking, pulling in and letting out the sheets (the ropes attached to the sails) and steering."
2. The space at the bow or stern of an open boat.
1. Make a sail more or less taut.
Example sentences: "Notice also how he is sheeting in the sail"
sheet of paper
Keep in Mind
Images related to Sheet
Sheet in Other Languages...