Shift Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Shift? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words ending with Shift, Derivations, Example sentences, Related sentences, Synonyms, How to pronounce? Antonyms, Words starting with Shift and more...
How to pronounce: ʃɪft
1. Move or cause to move from one place to another, especially over a small distance.
Example sentences: "I shift the weight back to the other leg"
1. A slight change in position, direction, or tendency.
Example sentences: "A shift in public opinion"
2. One of two or more recurring periods in which different groups of workers do the same jobs in relay.
Example sentences: "The night shift"
3. A woman's straight unwaisted dress.A long, loose-fitting undergarment.
Example sentences: "Today she is wearing a simple shift dress and no make-up and the sight of her looking so ordinary and conventional is indeed slightly shocking."
4. An ingenious or devious device or stratagem.
Example sentences: "The thousand shifts and devices of which Hannibal was a master"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Shift
Shift in Other Languages...