Shine Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Shine? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Example sentences, Synonyms, How to pronounce? Antonyms, Words ending with Shine, Related sentences, Derivations, Words starting with Shine and more...
How to pronounce: ʃaɪn
1. (of the sun or another source of light) give out a bright light.
Example sentences: "The sun shone through the window"
2. Direct (a flashlight or other light) somewhere in order to see something in the dark.
Example sentences: "An usher shines his flashlight into the boys' faces"
3. Be very talented or perform very well.
Example sentences: "She shines at comedy"
4. Make (an object made of leather, metal, or wood) bright by rubbing it; polish.
Example sentences: "His shoes were shined to perfection"
1. A quality of brightness, especially from reflected light.
Example sentences: "Use shoe polish to try and get a shine"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Shine
Shine in Other Languages...