Shoots Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Shoots? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words ending with Shoots, Example sentences, How to pronounce? Words starting with Shoots, Antonyms, Related sentences, Derivations, Synonyms and more...
How to pronounce: ʃuːts
How to pronounce: ʃuːt
1. Kill or wound (a person or animal) with a bullet or arrow.
Example sentences: "He was shot in the leg during an armed robbery"
2. Move suddenly and rapidly in a particular direction.
Example sentences: "The car shot forward"
3. (in soccer, hockey, basketball, etc.) kick, hit, or throw the ball or puck in an attempt to score a goal.
Example sentences: "Williams twice shot wide"
4. Film or photograph (a scene, film, etc.)
Example sentences: "She has just been commissioned to shoot a video"
5. (of a plant or seed) send out buds or shoots; germinate.
Example sentences: "Some years one or other plant fails to shoot"
6. Inject oneself or another person with (a narcotic drug)
7. Plane (the edge of a board) accurately.
Example sentences: "I shot the longer edge down on the planer"
1. A young branch or sucker springing from the main stock of a tree or other plant.
Example sentences: "He nipped off the new shoots that grew where the leaves joined the stems"
2. An occasion when a group of people hunt and shoot game for sport.
Example sentences: "A grouse shoot"
3. An occasion when a professional photographer takes photographs or when a film or video is being made.
Example sentences: "A photo shoot"
4. Variant spelling of chute
5. A rapid in a stream.
Example sentences: "Follow the portages that skirt all nine shoots of whitewater"
1. Used as a euphemism for ‘shit’
Keep in Mind
Images related to Shoots
Shoots in Other Languages...