Show Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Show? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Derivations, Words starting with Show, Antonyms, How to pronounce? Example sentences, Related sentences, Words ending with Show, Synonyms and more...
How to pronounce: ʃəʊ
1. Allow or cause (something) to be visible.
Example sentences: "A white blouse will show the blood"
2. Display or allow to be perceived (a quality, emotion, or characteristic)
Example sentences: "It was Frank's turn to show his frustration"
3. Demonstrate or prove.
Example sentences: "Experts say this shows the benefit of regular inspections"
4. Finish third or in the first three in a race.
1. A spectacle or display, typically an impressive one.
Example sentences: "Spectacular shows of bluebells"
2. A play or other stage performance, especially a musical.
Example sentences: "Amy will perform songs from the musicals and the stage show will include a date in her home town Bolton this summer."
3. An outward appearance or display of a quality or feeling.
Example sentences: "Joanie was frightened of any show of affection"
4. A discharge of blood and mucus from the vagina at the onset of labor or menstruation.
Example sentences: "How long after having a show did you do into labour?"
5. An opportunity for doing something; a chance.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Show
Show in Other Languages...