Side Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Side? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words starting with Side, Example sentences, Words ending with Side, Antonyms, Derivations, Related sentences, How to pronounce? Synonyms and more...
How to pronounce: saɪd
1. A position to the left or right of an object, place, or central point.
Example sentences: "A town on the other side of the river"
2. An upright or sloping surface of a structure or object that is not the top or bottom and generally not the front or back.
Example sentences: "A car crashed into the side of the house"
3. A part or region near the edge and away from the middle of something.
Example sentences: "A minivan was parked at the side of the road"
4. A person or group opposing another or others in a dispute, contest, or debate.
Example sentences: "The two sides agreed to resume border trade"
5. A particular aspect of a situation or a person's character.
Example sentences: "Her ability to put up with his disagreeable side"
6. Subsidiary to or less important than something.
Example sentences: "A side dish of fresh vegetables"
7. Horizontal spinning motion given to a ball.
Example sentences: "The ancillary action of the cue ball, when using side spin to compensate for throw, is an entirely different subject that can not be covered here."
1. Support or oppose in a conflict, dispute, or debate.
Example sentences: "He felt that Max had betrayed him by siding with Beatrice"
2. Provide with a side or sides; form the side of.
Example sentences: "The hills that side a long valley"
by the side
Keep in Mind
Images related to Side
Side in Other Languages...